Seko Orphanage came into existence from the challenges of trying to make the girl child continue with education after “graduating” from Kondwa Day Centre for Orphans.
After 8 years in operation, over 600 children had “graduated” from Kondwa Centre into formal education. We continue to support them with educational requirements as much as we can. But it was found that even after we had paid all the fees and bought all other requisites for school; some children were not going to school; especially the girl child. Mostly the guardians preferred the girl child to do chores at home or set for early marriage. This and other challenges lead to opening up Seko Orphanage.
With the moving of Seko House from Ng’ombe Township to the new location in Foxdale, a boys house was added and the name was changed to Seko Village.
objectives of seko village
- To offer shelter
- To assist with education
- Psychosocial Care and Support (to help build resilience)
- Spiritual guidance
Generally to try to improve the life of a child, by just being a home.
- To see this child grow up to be a responsible citizen and self-reliant
- Be focused and always be prepared
Our Core Principles
- Child service: We understand that we exist to serve the children
- Team work
- Good nutrition, good health
- Conducive and Positive environment for free play